Criminal Record Check
The Criminal Records Review Act (the “CRRA”) imposes an obligation on the College to ensure that every registrant consents to a criminal record check in accordance with Part 4 of the CRRA. This also includes non-practising registrants.
Section 15(1)(a) of the CRRA imposes a duty on he registrant to undergo a criminal record check at least once every five years.
To complete a Criminal record check online please follow the directions below; for more information please visit the Criminal records review program – Walk Though.
1. Open the link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm
2. Enter the access code: NZ9M753TEQ
3. Click the “Request a New Criminal Record Check” button at the bottom left of the page
4. You will see the College listed under Organization Name. Click “Next”
5. Answer all identity verification questions and proceed until you reach the Payment page: Select “Pay Now”
6. The Criminal Record Check Receipt page appears next. Print (or print to PDF) this receipt and provide a copy to the College office (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is the Criminal Record Check Authorization you must provide to the College.
If you are unable to complete the online process, you will be required to complete a Manual Identification Verification (MIV) process and submit the completed form to the College office, along with a primary and secondary ID.
2. Ensure that the form is marked Schedule B
3. Ensure that the form is marked Works with children and vulnerable adults
4. Part 1, to be completed by the registrant
5. Part 2, to be completed by the registrant
6. Sign and date at the bottom of the Consent form
7. Submit to the College along with primary and secondary ID
Please note that the criminal record review program will send out an email requesting payment to the email listed on the consent form.
Complete the Nationwide Criminal Search (USA) – Consent Forms A & B, and submit to the College office with a copy of your US Social Security Number (SSN).
Arrange for your international criminal record check to be sent directly to the College office. If the criminal record check is sent directly to you, you must forward the document to the College office in its original sealed envelope. Opened or unsealed envelopes will not be accepted.