Understanding Registration Information
- Former: No longer licensed to practice optometry in BC.
- Current: Licensed to practice optometry in BC.
- Former – became inactive prior to 2009: Less information is available for this class of former registrant.
A registrant may only be registered in one of the five registration classes.
- Therapeutic Qualified: A full registrant who may prescribe, dispense or administer therapeutic pharmaceutical agents.
- Non-Therapeutic Qualified: A full registrant who may not prescribe, dispense or administer therapeutic pharmaceutical agents.
- Limited: A full registrant who must practice under supervision and may have other practice conditions.
- Academic: A registrant who must not provide optometric services in British Columbia except for educational purposes in an instructional setting.
- Non-practicing: A registrant who must not provide optometric services in British Columbia.
If there are any conditions on a registrant’s practice, they will be listed here. E.g., Supervised practice.
If there is any disciplinary action it will be listed here for 10 years.
Sorry, no results fit your criteria.Go back to search
How to Find an Optometrist
Optometrists practise in all parts of our province. To find an optometrist practising near you, or the practice location of a specific optometrist, please enter your search into the inputs fields on "Find an optometrist" page.